Geography & Weather
Geography and Weather
Cradled in the foothills of the Siskiyou Mountains, Jacksonville is located just 30 miles north of the California border in Southwest Oregon's Jackson County. It is 5 miles from Medford, Oregon.
Jacksonville is located in what's called the "banana belt" of the Pacific Northwest. The temperature is moderate and the seasons gloriously distinctive. Early Spring is a show of wildflowers, pear and cherry blossoms with lots of sun and rainbows and occasional light showers. Summers are warm and sunny with very low humidity. Winter brings sporadic showers and an occasional dusting of snow.
- Region: Southwest Oregon-Jackson-Josephine region
- County: Jackson
- Location: Southwest Oregon: Foothills of Siskiyou Mountains
- Nearest Major Freeway: Interstate 5 (7miles)
- Nearest Major City: Medford (5 miles)
- Distance to Portland: 275 miles
- Distance to San Francisco: 377 miles
- Summer 70 F-100 F
- Winter: 30 F-65 F
- Elevation: 1569 ft
- Annual Rainfall: 20 inches